Sunday, November 26, 2006

Target Accomplished. 12.5 KM...


Yesss, I ran for 12.5 KM at Pune Marathon. First marathon of my life. The marathon started at around 8:05 AM, celebrities like Rahul Dev, Amrita Thapar, Mandira Bedi and politicians Mr. Kalmadi, Narayan Rane flagged of the race from "Sambhaji Bridge". I was really tired after completing first 3 KM. So tired that I kept walking for a while and fastened the shoe laces.

Later started running again, Arvind was ahead me. I got the pace and continued running, I mate Arvind at MG road, there it was 7 KM. Continued with the same pace and crossed 10 KM mark at City Centre, After 10 KM it was " Forrest Gump " run. I ran because I felt like running. That continued till 12.5 KM somewhere near "Yervada". The time was 9:15 AM By this time the sun was shining bright and the traffic has become a real hindrance. I also sensed that there is a water bulb on the right limb's thumb. So decided to give up. But It was fun running on the road and so many people out there cheering and motivating your run with bands, balloons, banners and energy drinks.



Now the next marathon run target is 20 KM... and of course those 5 KM's Forrest Gump's run.

No comments: