Wednesday, November 29, 2006

BRHS, Banarasidas Ruiya High School and Junior College, Katol

The pics of UCOE made me think about educational institutes I have attended. I haven't attended more than 3 schools, the most favorite among them is my lovely school BRHS, Banarasidas Ruiya High School and Junior College, Katol, where I have spent more than 7 years [5th std - 1992 - till - 12th - 2000].

The days of early morning "OM" chanting at our school, the regular prayers "Vande Mataram", "Itni Shakti hume dena..."

The BRHS really enriched us in every aspect. The teachers I most liked at BRHS were "Matakari Sir" and "Khona mam". They are like perfect individuals to me.

And how can forget the computer lab at our school. I think in 7th standard we got access to it. Those days were just the beginning of the IT era. At our school we worked on a machine which has a monitor like a old TV set and the cabinet[CPU, HDD] bundled in keyboard. I think the 5.44" floppy drive was an separate entity. The DOS was the Operating System on that machine. We did some programs on that machine in BASIC language. There were 5 machines at our lab at that time, among them two were like above and rest three were having decent monitors and cabinets. The time slots were decided for batches. We always use to hurl into lab in spare time{ lunch time was no exception}. We had lot of fun afterwards when we joined private computer institute just to play PACMAN :)

But the thing I most liked about BRHS is playgrounds, We had in all three playgrounds, the terrace ground, the courtyard type small ground, and the big lush green playground where NCC/Scouts parades and Games were conducted.

The remarkable events at school time were,

The tour to Chikaldara-Muktagiri[Sahyadri region].

The tour to Ajanta-Ellora caves.

The Sky Watch Program when Comet Hale-Bopp was near to Earth- the Great Comet of 1997. {The same night we the partners in crime me, Ravi, Jayant, Roshan frightened Sushil in the dark on our school terrace ground, and he screamed from the base of his stomach and fainted others who were watching the sky through telescope. } [9th std]

The Seminar on Self Hypnotism {I can't forget ever; I acted/danced on stage before entire audience/students/teachers at school playground... very very interactive seminar} [10th std]

The First ever students strike at BRHS, Yess we all students stood up against the college management body's politics regarding there decision of punishing/barring college professors for taking private tutions. The strike lasted 3 days, and finally we won. [11th std]

BRHS is really memorable.

When I went back to home this Diwali[2006], like each time I went around to see my school, and I was horrified to see the pathetic condition of big ground. The small and terrace ground also will not be there because the entire building re-construction work was going on. I kept my hand on my heart, because I felt this is the last time I am watching my good old school.

For BRHS alumanies, Join here:
http://www.alumni.net/Asia/India/Maharashtra/Nagpur/Katol/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Manish

Thanks for lovely Memories, scribbled for lifetime.
You are 100% right.... Our school Days were the BEST days in our LIFE.
I hope you returned the BOOK "PRESHIT" after reading 100 times....Relativity .... Ha Ha Ha.

Regards
Sushilkumar N B