Monday, June 12, 2006

Finally i brought a machine

One wish has found it's way, this weekend i brought a brand new hp - compaq presario V2623TS laptop. It was there on my wishlist from so many days. so to celebrate the 2nd year at Pune (we came here on 7 th June 2004) i fullfilled my wish. It's a gud machine 1.5GHz celeron, 512 DDR RAM (i upgraded from 216 ), 60 GB HDD, DVD R/W, 14'' TFT, Touchpad with scrollpad, 6 in 1 media rader, 6 cell Li ion battery, Altec Lancing speakers, wireless LAN, 3 USB , 1 expansion, TV out, 1 PCMCIA & few more ports... and all this for only Rs 37000. It was a good deal . I took it from DCC, pune. Only thing is I took it DOS preloaded (no fancy XP or; no not so fancy Linux). So no driver CD's included. I installed both XP and Linux on it later. But I visited DCC again to get the video, audio and other drivers. On Linux the audio driver is not present with RHL 9.0 distribution. The display is not that excellent; but nothing to worry about it. The sleek looks and the stylish design takes over this flaw. Its very compact and all ports and DVD drive are placed properly. Great ergonomics....

overall I rate my compaq presario V2623TS -----> 8/10 . Its a very good machine in its class.

No comments: